Southern Rail Enthusiasts

Please Login Your Details

Southern Rail Enthusiasts Forum


    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Poll

    Good idea?

    [ 0 ]
    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? I_vote_lcap0%Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? I_vote_lcap100%Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? I_vote_lcap0%Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? I_vote_rcap [0%] 

    Total Votes: 2
    HSTChris
    HSTChris
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2009-05-05
    Age : 26
    Location : Bexhill - East Sussex

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  HSTChris on Tue May 05, 2009 8:53 pm

    The idea of giving the Marshlink Line in East Sussex / Kent which runs from Hastings to Ashford International has been around for a bit now, was just wondering what people thought.

    Personally, I don't think it will happen. They don't gain anything in my opinion. They can't add more trains because the line is only single track mostly anyway, so that's out, and if they do add third rail, what happens to all the Turbostars? Therefore, I think it's a bit of a waste of money to be honest.

    What do you think of the plans?
    Dc
    Dc
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

    Posts : 81
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Age : 34
    Location : Bognor Regis

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  Dc on Tue May 05, 2009 10:50 pm

    HSTChris wrote:The idea of giving the Marshlink Line in East Sussex / Kent which runs from Hastings to Ashford International has been around for a bit now, was just wondering what people thought.

    Personally, I don't think it will happen. They don't gain anything in my opinion. They can't add more trains because the line is only single track mostly anyway, so that's out, and if they do add third rail, what happens to all the Turbostars? Therefore, I think it's a bit of a waste of money to be honest.

    What do you think of the plans?

    I agree, they have only just got turbostars and would not seem logical at this point.


    _________________
    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Dcyrf

    Dctrainmovies - Empowering Rail Enthusiasts

    SPTSuperSprinter156 -
    "Your commentating is unique in the sense that not many people have the bottle to do what you do 'speaking witty words into a camera and not giving a damn' - that's a good thing!"
    DBS60074
    DBS60074

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2009-05-08
    Age : 25
    Location : Hailsham - East Sussex

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  DBS60074 on Sat May 09, 2009 2:43 pm

    I think this is a bad idea and shouldnt go ahead with it, but i would love to see 4 car 171's running down that line Very Happy
    Dc
    Dc
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

    Posts : 81
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Age : 34
    Location : Bognor Regis

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  Dc on Sat May 09, 2009 3:05 pm

    DBS60074 wrote:I think this is a bad idea and shouldnt go ahead with it, but i would love to see 4 car 171's running down that line Very Happy

    Passenger demand would only change the setup of the turbostars.

    The Marshlink awareness was made by a group, in which Southern looked over and accepted and thats when the 171s came into affect. Too early to make big changes, i think the service just needs to be improved currently.


    _________________
    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Dcyrf

    Dctrainmovies - Empowering Rail Enthusiasts

    SPTSuperSprinter156 -
    "Your commentating is unique in the sense that not many people have the bottle to do what you do 'speaking witty words into a camera and not giving a damn' - that's a good thing!"
    HSTChris
    HSTChris
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2009-05-05
    Age : 26
    Location : Bexhill - East Sussex

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  HSTChris on Sat May 09, 2009 8:58 pm

    A 4 car 171 did make a few trips down there one day for a special event that Southern held. I think they should do that more often, because the 2 coach trains are very crowded.
    Dc
    Dc
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

    Posts : 81
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Age : 34
    Location : Bognor Regis

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  Dc on Sat May 09, 2009 9:08 pm

    HSTChris wrote:A 4 car 171 did make a few trips down there one day for a special event that Southern held. I think they should do that more often, because the 2 coach trains are very crowded.

    I can see the Uckfield line being electrified before the marshlink, which could cascade the turbostars towards the marshlink anyway.


    _________________
    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Dcyrf

    Dctrainmovies - Empowering Rail Enthusiasts

    SPTSuperSprinter156 -
    "Your commentating is unique in the sense that not many people have the bottle to do what you do 'speaking witty words into a camera and not giving a damn' - that's a good thing!"
    DBS60074
    DBS60074

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2009-05-08
    Age : 25
    Location : Hailsham - East Sussex

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  DBS60074 on Sun May 10, 2009 4:37 pm

    HSTChris wrote:because the 2 coach trains are very crowded.

    Thats my point, I regularly go that way to see the flasks at Appledore and you don't get to sit down! you bearly get to stand up Laughing

    I think they should bring in 4 car 171s for the rush hours. (I know it wont happen though Razz
    Dc
    Dc
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

    Posts : 81
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Age : 34
    Location : Bognor Regis

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  Dc on Sun May 10, 2009 4:50 pm

    DBS60074 wrote:
    HSTChris wrote:because the 2 coach trains are very crowded.

    Thats my point, I regularly go that way to see the flasks at Appledore and you don't get to sit down! you bearly get to stand up Laughing

    I think they should bring in 4 car 171s for the rush hours. (I know it wont happen though Razz

    You say that but when the new contract comes into effect for an operator for the southern region, you never know what changes they may make?


    _________________
    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Dcyrf

    Dctrainmovies - Empowering Rail Enthusiasts

    SPTSuperSprinter156 -
    "Your commentating is unique in the sense that not many people have the bottle to do what you do 'speaking witty words into a camera and not giving a damn' - that's a good thing!"
    DBS60074
    DBS60074

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2009-05-08
    Age : 25
    Location : Hailsham - East Sussex

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  DBS60074 on Sun May 10, 2009 4:57 pm

    true
    lukespencer91
    lukespencer91

    Posts : 13
    Join date : 2009-05-05

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  lukespencer91 on Thu May 21, 2009 11:37 pm

    would seem a bit pointless wat would happen to the 171,

    i be angry if they go lol
    HSTChris
    HSTChris
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2009-05-05
    Age : 26
    Location : Bexhill - East Sussex

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  HSTChris on Thu May 21, 2009 11:39 pm

    Yeah, you love them don't you lol.


    _________________
    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Banner
    lukespencer91
    lukespencer91

    Posts : 13
    Join date : 2009-05-05

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  lukespencer91 on Thu May 21, 2009 11:42 pm

    yes i do lol


    "my lovley 171 daddy here lol"

    Sponsored content

    Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line? Empty Re: Possible elecrtification on the Marshlink Line?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:17 am